Timer To Close Module
The timer is selectable from 1 second to 5 minutes. It requires the use of one of the following
monitored reversing inputs: Safe–T–Beam® photoeyes or 2-wire monitored edge
Output definitions / ratings
Impending operation warning – Relay contacts to close 2 to 10 seconds prior to door closing.
- 1 set of Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) normally open contacts
- Rated 3 amps at 120VAC max
Timer Hold –This input causes an active timer to reset and hold. The count down will restart when this
input is removed. (This is a class 2 circuit)
- To start a timer hold: Connect this input to ground (GND) via an optional device.
- To remove a timer hold: Disconnect this input from ground (GND) via an optional device
- In addition to the timer hold input, any active reversing device will reset and hold the timer
Auxiliary open input
This input causes a closed or stopped door to open, prevents an open door from closing and reverses a closing door. This input can be selected to initiate the timer. (This is a Class 2 circuit)
- To start an auxiliary open: Momentarily connect this input to ground (GND) via an optional
Normally closed reversing input
This input will reverse a closing door or prevent an open door from closing. This option is selected from a menu on the commercial operator control board.
- To initiate a normally closed reverse: Momentarily disconnect this input from ground (GND) via a normally closed reversing device.
Monitored edge sensor input
This input will reverse a closing door or prevent an open door from closing. Requires the use of a 2-wire Miller Edge Sensor System designed to work with the commercial operator control board. This option is selected from a menu on the control board
- To initiate a monitored edge sensor reverse: Momentarily connect this input to ground (GND).
Note: This input will detect broken or short – circuited wiring to the edge sensor and will interpret these as active inputs. (No additional equipment required.)
Power supply requirements
Voltage - nominal 24V DC via the expension port.
User interface – one 12 position and one 2 position terminal block.
Max Wire Size – 12 AWG, min wire size 20AWG – stranded wire.